We are a visual facilitation company.
Using the power of visual storytelling to illuminate ideas, we spark innovation, guide design thinking, and facilitate strategy development.
Alphachimp Learning Systems LLC (aka. Alphachimp) is lead by Peter Durand and provides a cluster of inter-related services in the area of visual learning, problem-solving, and innovation.
We do a lot of different things on a daily basis:
- We facilitate workshops in graphic recording and visual facilitation.
- We produce animations to explain complex concepts.
- We work virtually to coach visual practitioners.
- We teach, speak about, and present new findings on neuroscience and visual learning.
Our primary work is the creation of learning experiences that retain the joy and humanity of teaching and working with other primates (including people).
We teach individuals and teams how to use graphic facilitation skills to explore complex systems and make better decisions.
Each project is a little different. We work with our clients and partners to craft something that fits their business needs or social goals.
We like working with change agents and social innovators looking for creative ways to share ideas and connect with audiences.
Selected articles on a life of visual facilitation and creative problem-solving:
- Visual Learning Mythbusters — You find this questionable statistic all over the dang place: 83% of people are visual learners. But is it true?
- The Fogginess of It All — How does one overcome the fear of getting started with a new way of working... especially in settings where the stakes are high?
- A Recipe for Success: Skill, Knowledge & Attitude — I have been doing the same thing since I was 15-years-old and somehow it turned into a 30-year career.
- Isolation Kills Creatives — My career as a graphic facilitator began by accident and after years of suffering in CubicleLand.